NFTs are digital collectibles that can be owned and traded. The acronym "NFT" stands for non-fungible token, and they can come in the form of anything from digital trading cards to digital art. There are even NFTs that act like certificates of authenticity for physical items.
You can carry and display these collectible items inside your wallet. There are even some websites that give you special features or access if you connect your wallet to prove ownership of a specific type of item.
Here's how you can collect an NFT on OpenSea, one of the leading NFT marketplaces:
- Follow our guide to connect your wallet to OpenSea.
- Find an NFT you want to collect and make sure you have enough ETH in your wallet to cover its cost + the gas/transaction fee.
- Tap "Buy Now" on the NFT.
- Review the collection details.
- Click "Confirm Checkout" to be redirected to the Rainbow app.
- A transaction request popup will appear in Rainbow. Tap the "Confirm" button to send the transaction.
- Wait for the transaction to finalize.
- If the transaction succeeds, your NFT will appear in your wallet shortly!
- Once it has appeared, tap on the collection's name to expand it.
- Tap on the specific NFT to expand it and see more info about it.
If the transaction doesn't go through quickly, then you'll need to wait longer or speed up your transaction by tapping on the pending transaction within Rainbow.