Rainbow is a non-custodial wallet, which means we never have access to your wallet or your wallet's unique private keys (secret phrase) that are generated on your device securely and privately.
- Upon creating your wallet, you are prompted to backup your secret phrase manually or with iCloud. These backups are the only way you'd be able to recover your wallet.
How to delete wallets:
Step 1: Head to your wallet switcher by tapping the arrow next to your address
Step 2: Tap Edit
Step 3: Tap the 3 dots next to the wallet you’re looking to remove
Step 4: Select Remove Wallet
How to do a full reset:
If you’re looking to fully wipe your information, these instructions below are for you.
‼️ BEFORE doing these steps, be sure to have/write down any secret phrases, save any data or backup all your wallets. Once the below steps are taken, your information will be wiped and will be unretrievable. 🚧 Have any additional questions before performing these steps? Please connect with us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help!
For additional instructions on how to export your secret phrase, check out our article here:
Export Your Secret Phrase
Your wallet is highly portable and can even be exported to use with another wallet app! You can do this by exporting your wallet's secret phrase.
- Open the Settings app on your phone and scroll down to "Rainbow".
- Tap "Advanced".
- Turn ON the toggle for "Reset App Data".
- Force quit and restart your Rainbow app or delete the app.
- On your home screen, press your finger down on the Rainbow app until a pop-up appears.
- Tap "ⓘ" for app info.
- "Force Stop" the Rainbow app.
- Open the "Storage" tab.
- Select "Clear Data" to delete all stored information.
- Delete the app.
We’re sad to see you go but please feel free to connect with us at [email protected] if you have any additional questions we can help with 👋